An open letter to you.

You know this letter is for you and I want to tell you one thing – you aren’t alone!

I have been there myself. I loved people who did not love me back. I sent double texts and didn’t receive any. I gave people second chances even when they didn’t deserve one. I let people walk all over me and still allowed them to come back into my life.

I have been in your shoes!

I have loved boys who didn’t deserve my love. I thought that if I loved them enough, they would eventually love me back. Boys who made me think something was wrong with me. Boys who made me change myself to their liking.

But darling, please don’t do this to yourself. You will find someone who will love you for you. And that person will not only love you, he will respect you and your decisions. Wait for him!

I had also diligently stalked that girl’s Instagram and then cried myself to sleep. For various reasons – I wasn’t pretty enough, my face wasn’t symmetrical enough, my hair wasn’t long enough, I wasn’t rich enough. There was always a long list of the things I lacked. But in 20 years, will any of that matter? Just because I’m not like her doesn’t mean I’m not good enough. It just means I’m different. And who said different is bad?

I had let people treat me like a doormat and still never got rid of them. Instead I would think highly of them and how they make their opinions matter. They would claim that I was a good shoulder to cry on but the truth was that when they were angry, I was their punching bag.

But then I realized that the God who made this entire universe has made you and me and he would never create something faulty.

So girl, never forget that you are a beautiful individual  – inside and out. Your opinions matter. You are more than ‘good enough’, you are fantastic. And the one person who should love you the most should be you!

Love,

Your secret admirer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DARK SIDE OF KOLKATA

44 Days Of Hell – The murder story of Junko Furuta

The Gorkhas, Migrant Nepalis and India