“My after school experiences”

My entry into a college after I had completed my school education was an important event in my life. I felt very much excited on the very first day. I found that there is a great difference between school and college life. The world of the school is narrow and limited. The world of the college is large. Teachers in a school are strict and use the rod to beat the boys very frequently. College teachers are like elder brothers.
Most of the teachers in a college live in the world of ideas and books. We have students of all kinds in a college. They discuss the current affairs, art, cinema and sports. Some of them neglect text books but they do not miss the daily newspaper or the running commentary of a cricket match going on in some part of the world. Some of them would even engage the teachers in class in a political topic and discuss it fully.
There is a lot of freedom in the collage in the school I was busy from the first period to the last. But in the collage I attend classes for three or four periods. Ever being late for the classes is not punished.
College life has given a lot of political awareness; I have also got good grounding in electioneering. The elections to the college union, for which there a lot of canvassing gave me my first experience of democracy. Sometimes Political leaders come address us important problems facing the country. Then I felt that I was not only a college student but also a citizen of the country.Some time there are strikes in the college. The strikes are engineered by some senior students who are either punished or find for misbehaviors. They want their fines to be remitted but the principal would not accept their demands. So they would force other students to go on a strike and paralyze teaching work. This looks like Trade Unionism. I do not like this. I like the college life for it’s for its freedom, intellectual awakening and its various academic and extracurricular activities. I think that even after completing my education, I shall never forget the happy days I spent in the college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DARK SIDE OF KOLKATA

44 Days Of Hell – The murder story of Junko Furuta

The Gorkhas, Migrant Nepalis and India